When you are using the Shipping Manager iFrame to link with our systems, there are two solutions available when using the deeplink integration. These solutions allow you to send an email to the customer who is able to follow up the status of his parcel via the bpost eTracker application
1. Track & Trace based on Barcode
There are three different scenarios that can be set-up to return the barcode of an order
- After the order confirmation (and payment) it is possible, via the webservice "Create National Label" and/or "Create International Label", to automatically create a parcel for the confirmed order. As a return value, you receive a barcode. Within the bpost portal application, the generated label will be available for print. RISK: If the user creates another label for the order (multicolli), the barcode will not be known to your system.
- In the back-office of the user, a button can be added which when clicked checks, via the webservice "Fetch Order", if there are barcodes available for the order. If the XML returned contains one or more barcodes, they can be stored in the ERP system and an automated mail can be sent to the consumer.
- If you are using an order overview page, it is possible to do a "on-the-fly" request via the webservice "Fetch Order". If the XML returned contains one or more barcodes, a button/link is added to the page (e.g. "Show the status of my parcel"). If the XML does not contain a barcode, the text "There is currently no information available for your parcel" could be shown.
For more information on how to use the deeplink solution based on Barcode, click here
2. Track & Trace based on Order number
When using the track & trace deeplink to show the status of the Order number, it is not required to check if a barcode exists. However, as long as there is no label created linked to the order, the consumer who is looking into the eTracker application will see an empty screen.
For more information on how to use the deeplink solution based on Order number, click here